Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hic ups

This is sooooo unorthodox. But what is a blog really? I mean, it's a "web log", right? my log. My blog. My journal, my thoughts...... mine.

I have a food blog
I have book blog
I have a soup blog
so this is......a....well.......can a blog be a homage?

Not haven taken English 102 at the local community college here in Winnemucca, I'm not quite sure how to use homage in a sentence. LOL.
But this will be it.....to the Friday Friend Forum. My friends from all over the United States, primarily the west, although I have a few faraway friends in PA and CT too.

As I said...an unorthodox blog, it will be a combination blog. A combination of thoughts and ideas on...any subject we care to talk about.
Authors are the Friday Friends...and we are from all over.
Narrator will be me, Debbie.


the definition of homage:

1.
respect or reverence paid or rendered: In his speech he paid homage to Washington and Jefferson.
2.
the formal public acknowledgment by which a feudal tenant or vassal declared himself to be the man or vassal of his lord, owing him fealty and service.
3.
the relation thus established of a vassal to his lord.
4.
something done or given in acknowledgment or consideration of the worth of another: a Festschrift presented as an homage to a great teacher.


and now...

from me/debbie:
I've had the hiccups in the middle of the night, 2x this morning, 2x at work today.

what is going on?

the middle of the night was weird. it woke up up.

****
Then later in the day, after sending out that note to the FFF (Friday Friend Forum), they wrote back....


from Gina:
I've always had that little small fear when I get hic ups that they will not ever go away. I saw a report on that once. It would be annoying to have them permanently.

from Jolina:
I never get the hiccups once in a day, it's always 3 or 4 times. I don't think I've ever been awakened by them. Poor thing, they hurt. It's always especially fun to answer the phone when I have them.

from Traci:
That is weird!

from me/debbie:
yes, it was weird. to be woken up with hiccups is weird.
and then the secret fear that they won't go away....can sometimes cause a panic attack. Panic with hiccups, not good.

Another secret fear I have.... when I can't find Rich in, say, a bookstore, or a large produce stand/market, I am sure he has walked thru a time-warp and I will never see him again. And I start to get panicky and then he usually shows up.

No comments: