Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Labor Day Weekend part 1

   On Labor Day Weekend, Rich and I took a short holiday for ourselves.   We went to our family cabin at Wallowa Lake in Oregon. 



Early in the morning my favorite thing to do is get up and walk down by the lake.  One morning...not this past weekend,  there was steam coming up off the lake, and I sooo wanted a picture of it, but of course I didn't have my camera with me, so now...I always have my camera.



This is my favorite tree.  Yes, I know it's dead, but it's been here for years and years...and I like to take it's picture.



I like the way the water looks at dawn...and the shadow and silhouette of the trees.



And you can just see the sun hitting the tops of the hills.



That guy out there?  That's Rich.  He sometimes ( always) walks way far in front of me....he isn't as enamoured of picture taking as I am.
There aren't  very many people out walking at 6:00am.



There is more at noon time.
(I took this from the car....Rich was driving back to the cabin after we had lunch in town)



This is where the river (the one that runs behind our cabin) enters the lake.



And my tree, from the other side  (along with some added sunrise)



Just some logs on the shore.



and birds on the lake



flying.....



....to be with his friends



And here I will end part #1.
Because....my photo card filled up and I couldn't take anymore pictures on my morning walk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing Debbie, what a love place to have a cabin. I've never been to Oregon but it's on my "my visit" list. That, along with Washington State. Some day....